Aluminum die casting in small and medium-sized batches
Your tried and true die casting source
G.W.P. AG is a proven supplier of ready-to-install aluminum die cast parts and components for industry. We view ourselves as a partner in development and aim to establish long-term, strong customer relationships. G.W.P. specializes in meeting the strongly-growing demand for small and medium-sized batches of aluminum diecast parts; this allows us to offer small batches of diecast aluminum at extremely competitive prices. Low-cost molds for die cast aluminum parts give our customers the decisive edge.
G.W.P. AG will consult with your design department from the start to optimize production (design to cost), create 3D models if needed, supply design and function prototypes, create service-life-optimized die casting dies, and deliver the ready-to-install molded parts or assemblies right on time.
G.W.P. AG offers everything from a single source! – Take advantage of G.W.P.'s experience in aluminum die casting for your request!
Aluminum die casting services:
- Die-cast parts weighing 4 - 5,000 g
- Cold chamber die casting machines with up to 500 tons clamping force
- Manufacturing in accordance with DIN 1688 and ISO 8062
- Finishing in accordance with ISO 2768-1, etc.
- Service treatment
- Component assembly
- Evaluation of the diecast part drawings and files
- Creation of CAD files and 3-D models (upon request)
- Design suggestions to optimize production
- Project documentation
- Initial sampling four weeks after the job is awarded
- Fast change implementation
- Delivery including finishing of the cast parts
We can provide the following surface treatments for diecast aluminum parts depending on the alloy: Barrel finishing,grinding, sandblasting, glass bead blasting, brushing, polishing, passivating, phosphating, powder coating, wet painting, eloxating color-free and black, nickel plating, copper plating, screen printing and pad printing.
For development models and function prototypes, we offer different rapid prototyping methods and the PROTO DIE procedure in addition to conventional prototype construction. Click here to find out about the options for cast prototypes.
Benefits of aluminum die casting:
Aluminum die casting enables the creation of very thin-walled, stable cast parts with a high degree of dimensional accuracy and surface quality. With fully automated production in master dies with a high cycle sequence, die casting is a very economical series production method.
- Suitable for thin-walled, complex components
- High level of dimensional accuracy and high process stability
- Low weight and high stability
- Smooth surfaces and edges
- Outstanding processing characteristics
- Very high heat conductivity
- Good electrical conductivity
- Resistant to corrosion and weathering
- Different surface treatments are available
- Low unit prices for large series
- Relatively high die costs are reduced by means of die construction tailored to need
We use all conventional international aluminum alloys for manufacturing. A selection of conventional alloys is listed below:
|numerical alloy name||chemical alloy name||similar alloys|
|AC-43400||AC-AlSi10Mg(Fe)||similar to ADC3, A360.0, YL104|
|AC-44300||AC-AlSi12(Fe)||simalar to ADC1, 413.0, YL102|
|AC-44400||AC-AlSi9||similar to 359.0|
|AC-46000||AC-AlSi9Cu3(Fe)*||similar to ADC12, 383.0|
|AC-46100||AC-AlSi11Cu2(Fe)*||similar to ADC12, A384.0|
|AC-46200||AC-AlSi8Cu3||similar to 380.0|
|AC-46500||AC-AlSi9Cu3(Fe)(Zn)*||similar to ADC10, A380.0|
|AC-47100||AC-AlSi12Cu1(Fe)||similar to AA 384|
|AC-51200||AC-AlMg9||similar to 520.0|