Zinc die casting in small and medium-sized batches
A material with development potential
G.W.P. AG delivers ready-assembled zinc diecast parts and components to industrial customers in various sectors. As a partner in development, we aim to establish long-term, strong customer relationships. G.W.P. specializes in meeting the growing demand for small and medium-sized batches of zinc diecast parts; this allows us to offer small batches of diecast zinc at extremely competitive prices. Low-cost molds for diecast zinc components give our customers the decisive edge.
G.W.P. AG offers everything from a single source: Consultation to optimize production (design to cost), creation of 3-D models (if needed), quick delivery of prototypes for function testing, construction of diecasting dies and delivery of ready-to-install molded parts or assembled components.
Put the advantages of this manufacturing service to use, and rely on the experience of G.W.P.
Zinc diecasting services:
- Diecast parts weighing 4 - 5,000 g
- Hot chamber diecasting machines with up to 500 tons clamping force
- Production in accordance with DIN 1687, DIN 12844 and ISO 8062
- Finishing in accordance with ISO 2768-1, etc.
- Problem-free surface treatment
- Component assembly
- Design suggestions to optimize production
- Creation of CAD files and 3-D models (upon request)
- Project documentation
- Initial sampling four weeks after the job is awarded
- Fast change implementation
- Delivery of ready-to-install cast parts
Depending on the Zamak alloy, zinc diecast parts can be provided with a variety of surfaces: Barrel finishing, grinding, sandblasting, glass bead blasting, brushing, polishing, phosphating, powder coating, wet painting, nickel plating, copper plating, screen printing and pad printing.
For development models and function prototypes, we offer different rapid prototyping methods and the PROTO DIE procedure in addition to conventional prototype construction. Find out about the options for cast prototypes.
Advantages of zinc casting:
Zinc diecasting is a fully-automated casting method for the series production of molded parts in master dies. Zinc in diecasting is a relatively recent material in comparison to aluminum with a great deal of development potential. Zinc diecasting enables the manufacture of very strong cast parts with walls as thin as 1 mm. Zinc diecasting is generally equivalent to aluminum diecasting in regard to dimensional accuracy, surface quality and material properties, and it is a more economical procedure. Diecast zinc parts can therefore be an attractive alternative for certain applications.
- Very thin-walled molded parts, including those with complex geometries
- High-strength components
- High level of dimensional accuracy with high process stability
- Low weight
- Smooth surfaces and edges
- Superior processing characteristics
- Good corrosion resistance
- Different surface treatments are available
- More economical than aluminum diecasting
- Low die costs due to need-optimized die construction
We use all conventional international zamak alloys for manufacturing. A selection of conventional alloys is listed below:
|Zinc alloy||similar alloy|
|ZP0400||similar to AG40A cast, ZDC2|
|ZL0400*||similar to AG40A ingot, ingot type 2, ZX01|
|ZP0410||similar to AG41A cast, ZDC1|
|ZL0410*||similar to AG41A ingot, ingot type 1, ZX03|
|ZP0430||similar to AG43A cast|
|ZL0430*||similar to AG43A ingot, ZX04|